The Mission of the PTA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need
to raise and protect their children; an
- To encourage parent and public
involvement in the public schools of this nation.
National PTA Purposes:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.